Terra Magica Mission Statement - Download PDF
Peter A Dettling, born October 15, 1972 in Sedrun - Switzerland, is a photographer, painter and author whose passion for the natural world has taken him all over the globe, from the Galapagos Islands to Alaska's far north, and from the African Plains to the Swiss Alps. His images have won numerous awards and are published regularly in various magazines, calendars and books. His imagery has also been showcased on TV (Animal Planet, Swiss National TV) and features in gallery shows across North America and Europe, including the world-renowned American Museum of Natural History in New York & the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C.
Since his childhood, Peter has been deeply moved by people who work passionately for saving the last remaining pristine enviroments and the wild animals that live in them. Peter hopes his art will promote a better relationship between humans and nature, in particular, with large predators, such as wolves and bears. In 2006, Peter Dettling was one of the first to photograph a wild wolf on Swiss soil after they started to make a shy comeback in the Alps late in the 20th century. To learn more about his work on wolves and bears, click here http://www.terramagica.ca/Porta_website/willofland.html.
In June 2011 Dettling launched his own gallery just outside of Banff National Park. In order to continue his engagement for conservation issues, he also started the Wilderness Education Centre that forms a strong part of his gallery concept. To obtain more information about Peter A. Dettling's work or to start your own limited-edition Dettling print collection visit the Terra Magica Gallery & Wilderness Education Centre in Canmore, AB - Canada or check out the online store.
Peter Dettling’s images have won numerous prestigious awards, such as:
- Nature’s Best Magazine, USA 2006 (Category Winner), 2012 (highly honored)
- Banff Mountain Film & Book Festival, Canada 2006 (Category Winner), 2008 (runner up)
- Teva Mountain Games, USA 2006 (Category Winner)
- CPAWS, Canada 2004, 2005 & 2006 (Category Winner)
- Canadian Geographic, Canada, 2005 (Category Winner)
- Travel Photographer of the Year, England 2006 (runner up), 2012 (finalist)
- Glanzlichter, Germany 2005 (highly honored)
- BBC- Wildlife photographer of the year, Great Britain 2005, 2007 (finalist)
- European Nature Photographer of the year 2008 (highly commended)
- Memorial Maria Luisa Photography Contest, Spain 2011 (two time finalist)
View award winning photos here.